Hobbledehoy Record Co. have just released Perth outfit The Leap Year’s fabulous debut full length ‘With A Little Push, A Pattern Appears‘ on limited edition vinyl. The album first released in 2007, just a year after the band formed, earned rave reviews from all corners, and the band is set to release the follow up in the near future. Now out of print on CD, if you want this album in physical form, this is your chance to grab it on vinyl. Find out more about it, or order now [Here]. Thanks to Hobbledehoy Record Co. we have got our hands on five copies of this gem to give away this week. Click below to expand this post and get further information, and listen to tracks from it.
Just as raw as it is calculated, the debut full length With A Little Push A Pattern Appears is 34 minutes of guitar-driven, minor chord rock with an underlying pop drive just below the surface. Perth has a wonderful ability to produce hardworking bands with great records, and the The Leap Year do not disappoint. Featuring brilliant artwork by Melbourne artist Dylan Martorell.
Multiple vocals with a distinctly Australian soul, The Leap Year formed in 2006 after longstanding relationships between friends Paul Haimes (bass), Chris Reimer (drums), Rob Schifferli (guitar, vocals) and Martin Allcock (guitar). The group quickly began playing shows around Western Australia alongside bands such as Low, Deloris and more all the while preparing for their debut full-length record With A Little Push, A Pattern Appears. Now often playing alongside heavyweights Spoon, Swervedriver and the like, the band are completing recording for their second album.
To go in the running to win a copy of the album on vinyl, do a little digging around and tell us who the band will be supporting at The Bakery in Perth on August 17th.
Once you have the answer, shoot it along in an e-mail to [email protected] – subject ‘The Leap Year Comp’
Entries close midnight Sunday August 14th, 2011.
Can’t wait? order a copy now [Here]
Terms and Conditions:
– Entries close 11:59pm Sunday 14th August, 2011. Winners will be notified via return e-mail shortly after this date to arrange delivery details of your prize.
- Prizes are not exchangeable and are provided as is. Winners selected randomly from all correct entries received. Judges decision is final.
– Entries open only to residents of Australia. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
– Prize winners name and contact details may be shared with a record company / promoter representative for the purposes of sorting out delivery of your prize.
– As with all competitions on Bombshellzine, by entering this competition, your details will never be broadcast, or shared with any third parties (except as mentioned above for prize winners only), nor will you be added to any mailing lists, your details are stored securely and are deleted once competition has been drawn.
– If you require further information, e-mail [email protected] with your query.