The Round-up – Friday December 15th, 2017
Today we have a new single from Bitch Diesel, video clips from Long Distance Calling & Dowzer, the first act for Stormrider Heavy Metal Fest revealed, and a new album from Monster Magnet.
* Please note over December & January, there will be less articles on site. Most news will be found in these daily ‘The Round-up’ posts, so keep checking in after midday for a daily recap to keep on top of the goings on. If you have news to submit, do it [Here]. Earlier the better over the holiday period!
(15) Nothing But Thieves + Creo @ The Factory Theatre, Marrickville SOLD OUT
(15) Oslow + Antonia and the Lazy Susans + Zen Haircuts + Lapse + Games Night @ The Factory Floor, Marrickville
(15) Nothing Like You + Stormbird + The Winter Effect + Watchmoore @ The Valve Bar, Ultimo
(15) The Bennies + The Sugarcanes + The Cutaways + Chris Duke and the Royals @ Manning Bar, Sydney
(15) Alien Weaponry @ Bald Faced Stag, Leichhardt
(15) Frenzal Rhomb + Mental Cavity + Semen & Garfuckel @ Home Tavern, Wagga Wagga
(15) King Parrot + Disentomb + Pagan @ 170 Russell, Melbourne
(15) Guttermouth + Blind Man Death Stare @ Crowbar, Brisbane
(15) Passion Cactus and Vesper Green + Byron Short and the Sunset Junkies + Mudshadows + Acid Kat @ The Brightside, Fortitude Valley
(15) Dear Seattle @ Miami Shark Bar, Gold Coast
(15) Cosmic Psychos + Amyl and the Sniffers + Meatbeaters @ Fowlers Live, Adelaide
15th – WALKEN – What’s Your Environment [Buy It Here]
|| View all the upcoming new releases || Listen to these, and every other 2017 release to cross our desk in our Spotify playlist ||
The track was recorded & mixed by Gareth Liddiard (The Drones & TFS), and a film clip is on the way.
They launch the single live this Sunday 17th December at One Year Bar in Collingwood with Loose Tooth, International Velvet and Shit Bitch. There’s a BBQ from 4pm and tunes kick off at 5pm.
The single is lifted from their album ‘So Much For Silver Linings‘ which is out now on Shield Recordings, Umlaut Records, Waterslide Records and Trilob Records.
The video is a compilation of live shows the band played throughout 2017. Take a look below.
The 2018 festival will be headlined by legendary Australian Classic Heavy Metal band Black Steel, who are performing for the first time in a decade. With a career boasting packed out headlining shows and massive international supports alongside Deep Purple, Black Label Society, Big Day Out and two Judas Priest tours, the demand for a reunion show has now been met.
Submissions are now open across Australia for suitable bands wishing to play the festival. Bands can forward applications to [email protected]
Early bird tickets are available [Here]. Stay tuned for the rest of the line up soon.
During the band’s European Summer tour it finally got confirmed what the fans around the world were so desperately hoping for to be true.
‘Mindfucker‘ will be their 11th record. It is different, a step forward and a step back at the same time to the almighty roots of hard rock music, kindled by the unpretentious Proto-punk era. The album has the potential to surprise and to whip up the love for the genre, while still giving the sludgies and stoner freaks exactly what they wish for in a new Monster Magnet album.
“‘Mindfucker’ is a fuzzed out, headbangin’ celebration of hard rock and 21st century paranoia. Ten fuel injected, nitro burning tracks of fiery rock ’n roll and garage psych madness, all done Monster Magnet style. It’s also an album that gets right to the point: the world is out of it’s fucking mind and I’m livin’ it… for better or worse. It’s simple, really. In these crazy times I’ve been wanting to just drive my car at 100 miles per hour and howl, you know what I mean? So I wrote songs I can do that with. And with lyrics that don’t deny the times we’re living in. Feels good, feels right. Rock is alive, baby!“
‘Mindfucker‘ will be released on March 23rd, 2018.
After a week of teasing online, the band has launched the official video for first single ‘Out There‘ (directed by Iconographic), which you can see below.
“Here it is! ‘Out There’, the first song from our new album ‘Boundless’, accompanied by a beautiful video shot in the Dolomites. When we started to write this album, there was no plan behind it. Just the idea of four guys and the chemistry between us, no limitations. This idea is mirrored in this video, the artwork and the album title. Follow us through the wilderness up to the mountain top. ‘Out There’ is the pure essence of LDC combined in an epic and extensive long track.“
Today’s The Round-up is sponsored by Adrenaline Australia – Get $15 off when you spend $79 or more with code “special15”.
With over 2500 experiences on offer, you will be sure to find a gift for any occasion.
Note: A small cut from any order goes towards helping keep our website costs covered so we can keep bringing you news. Using an adblocker? We don’t blame you, but please consider disabling it for this site, you might not be aware, but simply viewing ads can help us keep on top of running costs. We try to not annoy you too much, but we’ve all got bills!