The Round-up – Friday December 8th, 2017
Today we have a new video clip from Lay It On The Line, the new Beans On Toast album is available, new music from Sports Reference, tour supports for We The Kings and Bleachers join the Paramore Aus tour.
* Please note over December & January, there will be less articles on site. Most news will be found in these daily ‘The Round-up’ posts, so keep checking in after midday for a daily recap to keep on top of the goings on. If you have news to submit, do it [Here].
(8) Don Broco @ The Corner, Richmond
(8) Blood Duster + Witchskull + Holy Serpent + The Ruiner @ The Tote, Collingwood
(8) Jack Johnson @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl, Melbourne [Lic/AA]
(8) Anathema @ Metro Theatre, Sydney
(8) The Shins @ Enmore Theatre, Sydney
(8) Hypergiant @ The Record Crate, Glebe
(8) The Bennies + Mesa Cosa @ Proud Mary’s, Central Coast
(8) sleepmakeswaves + Rosetta @ The Zoo, Brisbane
(8) The Beautiful Girls @ Rosemount Hotel, Perth
(8) The Acacia Strain + Kublai Klan @ The Basement, Canberra
(8) The Mis-Made @ Gunners Arms Tavern, Launceston
8th – STORY OF THE YEAR – Wolves
8th – SWINGIN’ UTTERS – Drowning In The Sea, Rising With The Sun
8th – WITHERED BONES – In Search Of Self Evidence
|| View all the upcoming new releases || Listen to these, and more 2017 releases in our Spotify playlist ||
Three-time Grammy Award-winning singer, songwriter, musician and producer Jack Antonoff is the creative force behind Bleachers. They released their second album, ‘Gone Now‘ back in June. The video for lead single ‘Don’t Take the Money‘ features Antonoff playing a clueless groom, and was directed by his partner and HBO’s Girls creator Lena Dunham.
Tickets for the tour are on sale now.
With guests BLEACHERS
8th – Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne [Lic/AA]
9th – Qudos Bank Arena, Sydney Olympic Park [Lic/AA]
11th – Riverstage, Brisbane [Lic/AA]
—> Tickets available now.
—> For more information, visit [Here].
Titled ‘Cushty‘, the album features fourteen tracks, and is available through Xtra Mile Recordings.
Give it a listen below.
The video is the second to come from their debut album ‘The Black Museum‘, out now on Disconnect, Disconnect Records.
The track is the only cover on the band’s album – a cover of a track from seminal Calfornian hardcore exports Rotting Out’s demo – a song they never officially recorded or released. Lay It On The Line have put their own spin on the track, laced with irony.
Take a look below.
The band return to play Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth. Tickets are on sale now.
See the new additions to the lineup below.
1st – The Triffid, Brisbane [Lic/AA] w/ Skies Collide, Chasing Velvet
2nd – Metro Theatre, Sydney [Lic/AA] w/ Awaken I Am, Yours Truly
3rd – Arrow On Swanston, Carlton [AA] w/ Social On The Veranda
4th – 170 Russell, Melbourne [18+] w/ Miss Adventure
7th – The Gov, Adelaide [Lic/AA] w/ Across The Atlas, Something To The Rescue
8th – Rosemount Hotel, Perth [18+]w/ Avastera, The Faim
‘Somewhere Else‘ was recorded at Haunted Muscle Beach Studios in Gainesville with David Bell (Dikembe) producing the record.
Stream a new song titled ‘Doctor Everest‘ below. Pre-order [Here].
Today’s The Round-up is sponsored by Menulog – What do you feel like? Sort out dinner online now
Note: A small cut from anything you order goes towards helping keep our website costs covered so we can keep bringing you news. Using an adblocker? We don’t blame you, but please consider disabling it for this site, you might not be aware, but simply viewing ads can help us keep on top of running costs. We try to not annoy you too much… Promise!